You can't have a party without refreshments can you? So, what did we eat and drink at the party on Friday night? I was in charge of drinks. I made a Christmas Punch inspired by this pin and a Candy Cane Punch inspired by this pin. Read below to see how I made mine.
2 2 Liter bottles Cranberry Sprite
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 can frozen cranberry concentrate
1/2 C sugar
1 lemon sliced for garnish
1/2 bag of cranberries for garnish
Mix first 4 ingredients together and let chill. Add garnish before party. I served with Sonic ice.
Candy Cane Punch
10 oz strawberry jam
1 2 liter of Cherry 7-up
1.75 qt of peppermint ice cream
On stove, melt jam and 2 cups of Cherry 7-up together. Chill. At almost party time, take about 8 scoops of ice cream and jam mixture and put it into your blender. I used my Ninja. I wanted my actual punch smooth, no lumps. Then pour into punch bowl. Add remaining Cherry 7-up. Stir. Then scoop remaining ice cream on top.
I served the drinks in the mason jars. I know, I showed them off earlier in the week, but....
For the food, I asked my guests to be in charge of that. I asked that they bring a Pinterest inspired dessert or horderve. There was so much food. And I ate more than I took pictures of. Why do I do that?
Sarah brought Pretzel Hugs! These things are addicting and so easy. Perfect party food.
Jennifer brought Pepperoni Rollups (sorry no pic, but you can find a pin here) and Bronco Bob's Raspberry Chipolte Cream Cheese Dip served with Ritz Crackers. If you haven't tried this, DO. All you do is get the bottle and pour over the block of cream cheese. It's really pretty, but you have to take a picture before the ladies dig in.
Pam brought a spinach artichoke dip, she added mozzarella cheese on top.
Be sure to tune in each day this week as I bring you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Link-up and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab the button below and link-up your ideas!
I do have a few rules:
- You can link up pretty much anything as long as you "created" it. (A Pinterest inspired/worthy food, craft or DIY project)
- Keep it family friendly, I reserve the rights to delete any links that are not appropriate.
- By linking up you are giving me permission to feature or show off your project! Of course I am going to link it back to you.
- I would love if you linked back to my site and mentioned on your blog, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, G+, Instagram or any other social media site about the link-up. Help me spread the word please.
- Comment. Comment love means so much to others and builds those blogging relationships. Visit 2-3 other links and leave them a nice, meaningful comment. Thanks!