Welcome to the A Very Pinteresting Christmas with The 4-Crow's Blog! This is my third year to host this fun Pinterest inspired/Pinterest worthy link- up. I hope you will join in on the fun as we celebrate with food, fun, friends, crafts, lots of ideas, and even a IRL party!
Are you ready to get to the Pinteresting stuff?
good GREAT link-ups must have a great button to grab with a grab box, right?
I designed mine in PicMonkey. (oops, I didn't screen print my original so I made a dummy for illustration purposes)
1. They now have a blank canvas to work with. Go to Design, then choose your shape/size. I chose the square.
2. Then I chose texture. I chose boards, of course. I love chalkboards. As if you didn't know.
3. Then add text. I used the fonts Eraser Dust, Pencil Pete, and my own Handy George (you get to use your own with the Premium edition of PicMonkey.)
4. Then I went to Themes. There you can add some fun artwork. My themes are in Santa Land.
5. Once completed. Save.
6. To make a button, you will need a image URL. I use Photobucket to get the URL's for my buttons. I also resize my images there to 200x200 since I am using two different sizes of this image throughout my posts. Be sure to grab the correct URL for the resized image.
7. Now I am going to introduce you to a new found secret. I am not an html queen. I can copy/paste into html, but for some reason Blogger is not liking any of my old codes. I found a new site that generates the box and image for me. "Grab My Button" Code Generator is my blog's hero! Go try it. You enter your site name, your site address, your image URL, and then the html is generated for you. EASY!
8. So once you have copied your html from "Grab My Button", go into your blog's layout, add a gadget, choose html.
9. Then you paste the generated html into the box, give it a title and save! It's done!
I would love to see some of your button creativity!
Be sure to tune in each day this week as I bring you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Link-up and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab the button below and link-up your ideas!
I do have a few rules:
I do have a few rules:
- You can link up pretty much anything as long as you "created" it. (A Pinterest inspired/worthy food, craft or DIY project)
- Keep it family friendly, I reserve the rights to delete any links that are not appropriate
- By linking up you are giving me permission to feature or show off your project! Of course I am going to link it back to you.
- I would love if you linked back to my site and mentioned on your blog, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, G+, Instagram or any other social media site about the link-up. Help me spread the word please.
- Comment. Comment love means so much to others and builds those blogging relationships. Visit 2-3 other links and leave them a nice, meaningful comment. Thanks!
"A Very Pinteresting Christmas" will be 15 days of Pinterest inspired food, fun, crafty days of link-ups that all can be used during this wonderful season of joy. It will run from December 1-19 here at The 4-Crow's Blog. I hope you will join in on the fun, and be sure you are following my boards on Pinterest for all my ideas and fun!
*This post includes affiliate links.