If you are placing your hope in the Lord, then your life may resemble that of an eagle:
Eagles Love to Play with the Wind — They ride thermal updrafts to an altitude of 14,000 feet. The Golden Eagle can reach a speed of 180 miles an hour in a dive.
Eagles Travel Light — Their bones are hollow and filled with air: The 7,000 feathers on a Bald Eagle weigh only 21 ounces.
Eagles have Keen Eyesight — They see eight times better than human beings. They can spot a mouse in the grass a mile away. "The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!" (Matthew 6:22, 23)
Eagles are Focused — Once an eagle has spotted its prey, it does not take its eyes off the creature until it strikes.
Eagles Prefer Peace and Quiet when Raising a Family — They build their nests in high hard-to-reach areas.
Eagles, Male and Female, Work Together Building their Nest — The backbreaking task takes several weeks to several months.
Eagles Keep Improving their Home — They continue to bring fresh green sprigs through the nesting period. Some think the sprigs are simply for decoration.
Eagles Fiercely Defend their Nesting — They stand up against any animal that might be a threat to their young.
Eagles Mate for Life — An eagle takes a new mate only if its first mate dies. "A married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage… Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife… " (Romans 7:2b; 1 Timothy 3:2a)
New Years Application
This year it is my prayer for your life as well as mine that all of our hope is in the Lord. That each one of us has our strength renewed, that we all never grow weary in living and serving Christ Jesus as our Lord. I pray that we soar like the mighty eagle in serving our God .
1. What ensnares your life or keeps from placing the Lord first in your?
2. What object needs to be moved for you to gain greater vision in seeking the Lord?
3. What is the one thing that you can focus that will ensure greater service to God?
4. What can you do to lead a more peaceful and tranquil life?
5. Do you have a spiritual partner walking with you in your journey towards growing and serving the Lord? If you don’t who could be one to trust and confide in? If yes, how can you better work with them to support them and help them walk closer to God?
6. What one way can you make your home a place that causes other to look to the Lord for their strength?
7. Who are those that God has given you responsibility to shepherd? What is one way you can help them grow closer to God?
8. How can you grow closer to your spouse and encourage them in their relationship with the Lord?